My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Podcast - Interview with Wendy Welsh from Wendy's Quilts and More

I first found Wendy, a New Zealand quilter, through the wonderful pictorial world of Instagram.  Wendy loves colour, loves handwork of all kinds and loves sharing her work with the rest of the world.


I was intrigued with Wendy's millefiori la passacaglia quilt and I contacted her to ask for an interview.  She graciously obliged and we had a good old chat about quilting, colour, hand-piecing and social media.


There is lots of good listening in this interview and I hope you enjoy listening as much as I did talking to Wendy.

Links:
Wendy's blog
Wendy's Instagram feed
The Millefiori Facebook group


All pictures are courtesy of Wendy Welsh, please don't use without her permission.





Download this episode (right click and save)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I removed my previous comment as I thought I was leaving a comment on Wendy's blog. I have been following Wendy's blog for some time - love her work and the gorgeous colours she chooses. Thank you for the Podcast, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. And now I have your blog to read too! The magical world of uilting expands all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed listening to the podcast Charlotte, it helped make the boring job of ditchstitching a quilt go much faster :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed listening to your blog as usual and have already been on Wendy's blog. Thank you for introducing me to Wendy and her blog, which is a joy to the eye.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!